Notaries & predecessors
Dr. Stefan Heinze
Notary Dr. Stefan Heinze, born on January 8, 1979, studied law at the Universities of Münster and Seville; in 2004 he passed the first state law examination. Afterwards, he completed his legal traineeship at the Regional Court of Münster with stations in Santiago de Chile and Brussels, among others. In 2007 he passed the second state law examination.
In 2008, Dr. Heinze was appointed notary public in the area of the Rhenish Chamber of Notaries. From 2008 to 2010, Dr. Heinze worked for the notaries Prof. Dr. Brambring and Dr. Hermanns in Cologne. This was followed by work at the German Notary Institute in Würzburg until August 2012 (www.dnoti.de). There, Dr. Heinze wrote expert opinions for the units I (General Unit, Real Estate Law), II (Commercial and Corporate Law; Tax Law), III (Foreign and International Private Law) and V (Inheritance and Family Law).
In September 2012, Dr. Heinze was appointed notary in Moers as successor to notary Dr. Werner Ohmen and was associated with notary Dr. Christian Lettmann in Moers in joint professional practice from 2012 to 2018. Since January 6, 2018, Dr. Heinze and Dr. Benedikt Schmitz have joined forces as notaries in Cologne for joint professional practice. They exercise their office in the premises of the former notaries Dr. Erich Schmitz and Dr. Klaus Piehler at Gereonshof 2, 50670 Cologne.
Notary Dr. Heinze is active as a lecturer of the German Lawyers’ Academy e. V. in the field of further training for lawyers (preparation for the notarial examination).
Dr. Heinze is married and has three children.
Dr. Heinze regularly publishes in professional journals and specialist books on areas of notarial office activity. Selected publications:
– The significance of the notaries’ tax notification and transmission obligations (in particular pursuant to § 54 (1) EStDV) for the admissibility of foreign notarization in corporate law, NZG 2017, 371-375.
– On the Application of Section 44a (2) BeurkG to Minutes Pursuant to Section 36 BeurkG, NZG 2016, 1089-1096.
– The civil law partnership as general partner in a partnership limited by shares. A contribution in particular to questions of commercial register puplicity, DNotZ 2012, 426-439.
– “Preventive control” of capital raising in the case of economic start-up? An alternative justification proposal for disclosure and deposit insurance analogous to Sec. 8 (2) GmbHG, GmbHR 2011, 962-968.
– The Assignment of Shares in Partnerships and the Execution of the Register in Consideration of Section 12 (1) Sentence 3 HGB, NZG 2011, 647-650
– The Civil Law Partnership in Land Register Transactions, RNotZ 2010, 289-309
– The interpretation of commercial register entries – discussed using the example of authorized capital in a stock corporation, AG 2011, 408-411.
A complete list of Dr. Heinze’s publications can be found here: as of May 2020
T +49 221 179360
Dr. Klaus Piehler LL.M, Notar a.D.
Dr. Benedikt Schmitz, Notariatsverwalter Dr. Alexander Stallknecht
Dr. Erich Schmitz, Notar a.D